Thursday, July 8, 2010

Book Review -- The Earring Style Book


I was fortunate enough to get an advance copy of "The Earring Style Book" by Stephanie Wells, published by Crown Publishing/Potter Craft. From the first flip of the page, I was enthralled.

This is definitely NOT your ordinary earring book.

The premise of the book is to create trend-setting earrings -- earrings that you'd see on the stars. Stephanie's award-winning styles have been seen on the likes of Oprah and Rachael Ray, and now she's graciously showing US how to make 40 different pairs of these signature earrings styles.

(Do I hear you jumping up and down yet????)

Made with a mix of metal and chain, embellished with beads, gemstones, and even fabric, Stephanie leads you through easily understandable instructions. The photos are crisp and clear and (need I say) drool-worthy.

The book will be out on Amazon.com August 17th is available now for preorder. It's a fabulous, unique book to add to your jewelry library, and it will certainly open up new avenues of design to you.


Lori Anderson designs jewelry for Lori Anderson Designs and writes for the blogs Pretty Things and An Artists Year Off.

7 comments:

Alice said...

This is the first I've seen about this book, and it sounds like one I need to have. I've been on an earring kick lately.

Now if I could get a movie or TV star to wear one of my creations--that would be just awesome.

Thanks for the heads up about this cool book!

peacockfairy said...

I will definitely check this out! Looks great!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I'll have to check this one out!

TesoriTrovati said...

Never heard of this before but it sounds great. I will put it on my birthday wish list for sure!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Unknown said...

I need to get one of these books! I know her line and its so gorgeous!! I think I will see if I can get it on pre-order!

ViviBijoux said...

I must say it does sound intriguing. What I love with amazon is when you can flick through some books, I wonder if they're going to do that with that one...It'd be so cool to have just a sneak peek

Cindy said...

Great post, Lori...sure makes me want to pick up a copy of this book and I rarely make earrings! :-)