Monday, February 28, 2011

Featured Designer: Kim Peters of Singing Cat Studio

Each Monday the Art Bead Scene features the Designer of the Week. One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries. This week's featured designer is Kim Peters of Singing Cat Studio!

Here is what ABS editor, Erin Prais-Hintz had to say about this week's design:


"Having been a contributor to Art Bead Scene for a number of years before I jumped in as an editor, I can recall the anticipation I would have each week waiting for the Editor's Pick. I was even picked myself once, and it was a thrill! 

I am delighted to pass the Designer of the Week baton to Kim Peter's of Singing Cat Studio. 

I recently discovered her richly detailed polymer clay pieces and finished jewelry when making the Treasury inspired by this month's painting and fell in love. When I spied this cuff bracelet with its dreamy color palette and beautiful textures, I let out a deep sigh. I love the way this is simply photographed. The choice of the complimentary beads with the facets shaped like the lanterns seem to be filled with light as in the inspiration piece. The addition of the antique brass buttons lends a stylized floral theme to this piece. 

This bracelet is a lovely representation of all the beauty found in Sargent's painting. I adore it!"

To see more of Kim's beautiful polymer clay work, please visit her photostream here.

To see more work for sale, check out Kim's Etsy shop.

Watch for a new challenge for March out soon!

Erin Prais-Hintz writes about all things that inspire her at Treasures Found::Inspiration Is Everywhere. Her jewelry designs are one-of-a-kind made one-at-a-time. She collects quotes and dust and invites you to send her your favorite (quote - not dust!) to enjoytheday@tesoritrovati.com

8 comments:

steufel said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous design. LOVE it. Congrats, Kim!

Malin de Koning said...

This is a great piece!

JeannieK said...

Congratulations Kim. Colors are nice.

Kglass said...

The colors are gorgeous, such subtle tones that flow well together. Beautiful work!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful cuff! I love the raku-like colours in the clay.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Soooo pretty - great choice!!!

Singing Cat Studio said...

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone!

MiddleEarthsJewels said...

lovely!