Saturday, August 30, 2014

August Monthly Challenge Recap



The color of the inspiration painting by Anne Redpath are bright without being saturated. The subject matter makes me think of both far off places (the ornate rug) and comforting spaces (the red slippers). Let's see what inspired you for this month!


For my own homage to this lovely painting, I created what I am calling "Magic Carpet Ride" pendants. These 2" x 3/4" connectors have sort of an off-kilter glimpse of an ornate rug, as a nod to the perspective and colors. I mixed different patterns, from botanicals to architectural for these and made them in three different metals (gold, silver and copper) and each one is different - a mystery flying its way to you with dreams and wishes come true! These are the pendants that my subscribers to the Simple Truths Sampler Club received for August. I just added these to my website (just in case you are interested!).




Your turn!
Click the InLinz Link-up below to add your blog post to the hop!
Please add your exact URL to the blog hop for the
August 2014 Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge Recap.

6 comments:

Sarajo Wentling said...

I loved this month's artwork and it's so cool to see what everyone has created. I just got my "Magic Carpet Ride" pendant in the mail yesterday and I just swooned when I saw it. You have so much talent and creativity and I look forward to seeing what you have dreamed up each month! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shai Williams said...

The work chosen this month really was an inspiration. I loved seeing what everyone has come up with and your pendants are gorgeous. I am working on convincing the hubby that I want a subscription to your club for Yule.

Carol Briody said...

This month's Challenge was so much fun! Once I got started, I couldn't stop! Erin, your Magic Carpet Ride pieces are beautiful! The colors and texture are fabulous..I love how ever one is so unique!

Rachana Saurabh said...

Hi there,
I submitted my work for the challenge, It was accepted and its on the flickr but I can not see it in the Recap post.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rachanasaurabh/15071523051/

Anonymous said...

Just love those pendants you dreamed up Erin. I didn't have a chance to play along with the challenge this month, hoping to do September's one though! Now off to do some looking at what others have done!

Harsh Garg said...

All the artwork created in this post are too good.Pendants are really lovely and elegant looking.Jewellery stores are quite popular in Indian Subcontinent too.To purchase jewellery in India, contact DWS Tassel beaded Jewelry in Jaipur.