Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Monthly Challenge Recap



The painting for this month is a lot less about the color than it is about the form. I chose it for exactly that reason. But I have to say that I was quite surprised when I spied Miss Brandi's brilliant color palette. I really hadn't seen the patchwork floor or the hanging chandeliers until I saw what she presented to us. Proves that I need to look a little closer!

I loved seeing how this was translated by you. There were some really strong structural pieces created, as well as playing with the light and the dark and the soaring buttresses. Isn't it marvelous to see what so many different creative minds can do with the same inspiration? Please take a look at the following slideshow to see everyone's submissions for December.



Art Bead Scene December 2014 Monthly Challenge Recap by Slidely Slideshow

If that doesn't work, try this link: http://slide.ly/gallery/view/69f3554f0dffa6566f586e0cce91a6d6

Your turn!
Click the InLinz Link-up below to add your blog post to the hop!
Please add your exact URL to the blog hop for the
December 2014 Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge Recap.

7 comments:

Mary Harding said...

Magnificent slide show Erin. Love the music you chose for it. And the work just incredible. What a feast!!

Sharyl said...

What a creative collection of artistry! The slide show and music, along with the art piece of the month, are all very inspiring! A treat for the senses!
Thanks to all involved! --Sharyl

Tracee Dock - The Classic Bead said...

WOW! Some very impressive creations were born of this inspiration piece. Seems as though this one really got people thinking deeply about their project. LOVE the music and slide show.... nice work!!

Anna Garner said...

Very impressive setting to choose a color way from. Beautiful and inspiring.
Anna

Sharyl said...

This challenge was such a joy to participate in. It held special meaning to me, and I felt inspired immediately! I visited all the blogs posted and was so impressed that each of us focused on a different part of the painting/architecture. So many interesting viewpoints and resulting designs! Finally, I have to agree that the music and video was like the perfect dessert after a wonderful meal! I shared it all over the place! Many thanks to all!

baymoondesign said...

I think this art piece really spoke to the folks that participated this month. There are some fabulous entries this month.

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

It was a joy to participate in this event, especially because the painting struck a chord. I thoroughly enjoyed the other entries,and the diverse inspiration coming from each individual. I'm looking forward to the months to come.